How to make Easy Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
Hi friends! Memorial day is less than a week away, and there are two side dishes that should definitely be on your menu. Those two side dishes are: Pasta Salad & Potato Salad! A week ago, I shared a recipe for a delicious summer pasta salad, and today I’m going to share a recipe for a Potato Salad… Not just any potato salad, but a creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad!
Usually when I make potato salad, I stick to my original stick, but a few weeks ago I decided to try something new. While grocery shopping, at my local grocery store, I noticed several potato salads in the deli, but one definitely caught my eye. It was a cheddar ranch potato salad. I asked to try it, and I’m glad I did- because had I bought it, I would have been disappointed. The potato salad had been quite vinegary ( I hope that’s a word), and I couldn’t taste a bit or ranch. It was sad.
Later on that day, I decided to experiment and make my own cheddar ranch potato salad. I added more bacon and ranch to my potato salad than cheese, so I call it Bacon Ranch Potato Salad.
Here’s the recipe
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Wash and scrub the potatoes clean before using. Then, peel and cube the potatoes. Toss them in a casserole dish.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil.
- Then, pour 1 packet of ranch seasoning on the potatoes. Mix with (cleahands until potatoes are covered.
- Bake the potatoes at 350 degrees until they’re fork-tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, fry up the bacon. I used turkey bacon, but you can use whatever kind you like.
- In a bowl, add potatoes and drizzle with ranch dressing and green onions. Mix until well-coated.
- Transfer potato salad to a different bowl. Top with shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar), crumbled bacon, and green onions.
- Chill & serve!