An Easy Recipe for Southern Hash Browns!
How many of you love country style hash browns? C’mon..Surely I’m not the only person who loves to pile their breakfast platters with a ton of diced hash browns, accompanied with eggs and crispy bacon. Here’s the thing though, I’m kind of a hash brown snob. When it comes to hash browns, I prefer mine to be homemade. Homemade southern hash browns are super easy to make, and they take no time!
While you’re here, check out some of my other potato recipes!
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE
CHEDDAR GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
PEPPERONI & CHEESE HASSELBACK POTATOES
In this post, I’m going to share my southern hash browns recipe. They’re tender, buttery, and so darn easy to whip up.
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my mailing list for more free recipes! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
Check out my video tutorial!
Southern Hash Browns
- 5 large red potatoes diced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 tsp salted butter
- salt & pepper for taste.
- Drizzle the vegetable oil in a large pan, and turn the heat to medium high.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, add in the diced potatoes.
- Let the potatoes fry for about 7 minutes, then add in the salted butter.
- Stir the potatoes continuously, and cook until the potatoes are tender and golden.
- Add salt & pepper for taste ( optional)
- Serve & enjoy!
Leave a Comment