Introducing my Dollar Tree Gourmet Series! Starting off with Creamy Jambalaya Pasta!
As many of you know, I am a bargain queen. I love saving money on my groceries, whenever possible. Lately, I’ve been buying a lot of my basic groceries from the Dollar Tree, and I’ve been saving a ton by doing so. Depending on which location, and what time I go to the Dollar Tree, I’m able to buy a ton of goodies. I buy everything from
- Frozen fruit & veggies
- Can soups
- Breakfast Sausage
- Smoked Sausage
- Frozen Meals
- Dry Beans
- Pasta Sauces
- and the list goes on!
My husband and I thought that it would be a cool idea to start sharing some of the recipes, that I’ve been creating using my Dollar Tree food. Believe it or not, I have come up with so many different recipes, that I just decided to make a series out of it. By starting this series, I’m hoping to help y’all save money on your grocery bill.So let’s get to the cooking.. and savings!!
The first Dollar Tree Gourmet recipe up is Creamy Jambalaya Pasta!
This delicious pasta is made in under 30 minutes. It can be made for dinner ( serve it with some Dollar Tree French Toast, and Broccoli!), or you can make it for a potluck.
Check it out!
Creamy Jambalaya Pasta made with Dollar Tree Ingredients
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 11.8 oz Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup frozen pepper stir fry diced or left as is
- 7 oz smoked sausage sliced
- 10 oz can of Rotel or diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp parsley flakes optional
- Boil the pasta until it's nice and al dente, then drain.
- Place the pasta back into the pot, then toss in the peppers & onions, and sausage.
- Pour in the alfredo sauce, then sprinkle in the seasonings.
- Stir the ingredients, then let cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the parsley flakes on top.
- Serve & enjoy!