Cavatappi pasta with bacon, mushrooms, and asparagus. Tossed in a creamy garlic gouda sauce.
Hello friends! I have the easiest, yet super delicious pasta recipe that I will be sharing with you all today. We’re going to be making a Creamy Bacon, Mushroom and Asparagus Cavatappi! The star of this delicious pasta dish is Pure Farmland Bacon, which is one of my favorite products to keep on hand because of its great flavor, all natural quality and versatility !
To give you another reason why I love using Pure Farmland. Do you remember my visit to a local farm in December? Pure Farmland invited me there because of their commitment to preserving American farmland through their partnership with American Farmland Trust. It is just so important to help save the land that sustains us all!
As mentioned this recipe is super easy! You just need a few ingredients, and then you’re on your way to some of the creamiest pasta ever!
I love using cavatappi pasta for this recipe. However, it’s sometimes hard to find. As an alternative, feel free to use regular elbow macaroni, or penne.
Don’t forget to save & share this recipe on Pinterest!
Check out my video tutorial for this Creamy Bacon, Mushroom, and Asparagus Cavatappi!
Creamy Bacon, Mushroom, and Asparagus Cavatappi
- 1 package Pure Farmland All Natural Uncured Bacon
- 3 cups cavatappi pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cup chopped asparagus
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup shredded creamy gouda
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Start off by frying the bacon over medium heat. Once the bacon is nice, and golden brown remove it from the pan, and set it to the side. Then crumble ( or cut).
- While the bacon is frying, prepare the cavatappi pasta as directed on the back of the box.
- Once the bacon is done toss in the asparagus into the pot, and cook for 3 minutes before adding in the mushrooms.
- Cook, until the asparagus softens a bit, then remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Sprinkle in 1 tbsp of all purpose flour, and whisk.
- Pour in the half & half, and stir.
- Sprinkle in the shredded gouda, and stir the cheese in until the dish is nice and creamy.
- Add in the garlic, 1 tsp of kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Stir.
- Add the mushrooms, and asparagus into the creamy sauce, then crumble in some of the bacon ( leave a little bit for garnishing the final dish!). Fold the ingredients.
- Now add in the cavatappi, and fold the ingredients.
- Turn off the heat , and remove the pan.
- Dish out the pasta and top with bacon( and parsley if you’d like).
- Serve & enjoy!