Cheesy cabbage creole with colorful sweet bell peppers, onions, ground beef, and garlic!
I love cabbage, but I’m sure you can tell because I have a ton of cabbage recipes. I have posted my southern style cabbage made in the slow cooker, as well as my southern fried cabbage recipe. This time I’m back with my Cheesy Cabbage Creole Recipe.
This easy one pot cabbage recipe is made with fresh green cabbage, on the stovetop in less that 30 minutes!
All of the ingredients used in this recipe are budget friendly, and can be found at your local grocery store.
Serve this Cheesy Cabbage Creole with some southern cornbread, for a complete meal!
Check out my video tutorial for this recipe, and don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Cheesy Cabbage Creole
- 1 small head of cabbage washed & chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 1 small yellow or red onion diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes OR Rotel generic is fine
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz Velvetta cubed
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat, and drain the excess fat.
- Once the meat is browned, add in the onions & peppers.
- Add in the minced garlic, and combine the ingredients.
- Sprinkle in the creole seasoning & black pepper.
- Next add in the cabbage, but a little at a time, until all the cabbage is in the pan or pot.
- Once all the cabbage is in the pan, add in the tomatoes ( or Rotel ).
- Now toss in the cubed Velvetta, and combine all of the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low medium.
- Stir all the ingredient, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!