I love stuffed cabbage rolls. I remember my mother cooking this when I was a lil girl. Of course she used the traditional red sauce( which I don’t care for on mine) however these are still a favorite of mine. They are quick and easy to make, and they usually don’t call for a lot of ingredients, so that makes it inexpensive!
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/3 cup green bell peppers diced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup white onion diced
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 8-10 cabbage leaves
- In a bowl, add ground beef, green bell peppers, cabbage, and onions. Mix together until well-combined. I used my (clean!) hands, since that’s most effective.
- Next, mix in cooked white rice. You can use brown rice or breadcrumbs in you like.
- Add seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to mixture. If your seasoning salt doesn’t have pepper, add about 1 tbsp of pepper too.
- Spoon the meat into the center of your cabbage rolls and fold in the edges. You can either use a toothpick to keep them closed, or place them face down in the baking dish (like I did).
- OPTIONAL: Traditionally, people like a red sauce on their cabbage rolls. If that’s what you like, go ahead and pour that over your cabbage rolls (you could use tomato sauce with garlic, onions, and seasoning, or pre-made sauce).
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!