Oatmeal stuffed baked apples for breakfast. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also healthy!
So many of you have been requesting more breakfast recipes. Well I have one for you, and guest what? It’s on the healthier side! We’re gonna make baked apples stuffed with oatmeal! This recipe is super easy to make, and it’s perfect this time of the year since it’s apple season ( or any time of the year really..)
Since this is a apple recipe, let’s talk apples. For my baked apples I like to use honey crisp apples, or granny smith apples. However, you can use other apples as well such as:
- Melrose Apples
- Golden Delicious Apples
- Gala Apples
Stay away from Red Delicious Apples, because the don’t hold up well during the baking process.
Print this recipe, and don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list!
Baked Apples Stuffed with Oatmeal
- 5 large apples
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons , plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon coconut optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Chop the top off the apples and core the insides with a small paring knife. Line a baking pan with foil and place the apples right side up.
- Bake for twenty five minutes or until tender.
- While the apples are baking, prepare the oatmeal.
- In a small pot combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond milk.
- Heat over medium heat until a rolling boil starts.
- Mix to combine. Cook for two minutes and cover with a lid until apples are done.
- Remove the lid to the oatmeal and mix in the three tablespoons of syrup and walnuts.
- Carefully portion the oatmeal into the apples. Top with coconut and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Place in the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove, let cool slightly and enjoy!
Try these apple recipes as well!