A Delicious Dinner for Two: Teriyaki Chicken Thighs and Garlic Butter Shrimp!
Thank all of you for giving me your feedback on my Dinner For Two series! Here is the second video, and like just like the first one, it’s simply delicious! This time we are doing some more grilling, so pull out the grills, and let’s go to work. We are marinating the chicken AND seasoning the shrimp ahead of time so make sure you give yourself plenty of time for preparation.
Dinner for Two Simple Green Salad
In the video, I made a simple green salad for my shrimp, and all I used was:
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 2 cups butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 lemon, cut in 4 wedges
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup croutons
I used the lemon juice from the lemons instead of salad dressing, but feel free to use your favorite dressing!
If you want to be really fancy, try serving this with a white wine.
If you all want me to start giving you wine suggestions and simple table set up tips, please leave me a comment below. Also be sure to stay tuned for MORE Dinner for Two recipes!
Print the Dinner for Two recipe below, and let me know how you enjoyed it. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out my brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, loaded with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Dinner for Two: Teriyaki Chicken Thighs & Garlic Butter Shrimp
Garlic Better Shrimp Ingredients:
Teriyaki Chicken Thighs Ingredients:
Garlic Better Shrimp Instructions:
- Prepare the shrimp. Remove the shells from the shrimp, but keep the tails.
- In a bowl, season shrimp with seafood seasoning.
- Refrigerate shrimp (covered, in a bowfor 2-3 hours.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with olive oil. Then, line the shrimp up on the baking pan.
- Bake shrimp in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- While the shrimp is baking, make the garlic butter sauce. In a bowl, melt butter and minced garlic. Add paprika and parsley for a little color.
- Pour garlic butter sauce over the cooked shrimp, making sure each shrimp is well-coated. Place shrimp back in the oven for 2 minutes.
Teriyaki Chicken Thighs Instructions:
- In a bowl, drizzle chicken thighs with olive oil. Then, add teriyaki sauce, minced garlic, and brown sugar. Mix until chicken is fully coated.
- Heat a cast iron griddle over medium-high heat. Grease the griddle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Grill the chicken thighs for about 5-10 minutes per side, just enough to get those gorgeous grill marks on the chicken. While it’s cooking, brush with leftover marinade.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.