Peach Cobbler infused Cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream and peach cobbler filling!
One of my most popular desserts recipe has to be my Grandma’s Southern Peach Cobbler. I receive emails almost everyday about my peach cobbler! Since so many of you love the cobbler, I’ve decided to share another peach cobbler recipe, but this time I’ve turned it into a cupcake!
I know what you thinking… ” A Peach Cobbler Cupcake?!”.. YESSSSSSSSS! You have been served darling! I made these cupcakes completely from scratch, and they were a HIT!!!
I started off making a simple cupcake batter, which was very similar to my Banana Pudding Cupcakes. I then made a peach cobbler filling. I pureed half of the peach cobbler filling, and put it into my cupcake batter -Then I used the remaining batter to top of my cupcakes! If that wasn’t enough for you, these cupcakes also are topped with a a homemade buttercream!
Honestly, these cupcakes are simply amazing. You have to try them. They will be perfect for any occasion, but is the perfect desserts for
- Holiday parties
- Southern Themed Parties
- & Bachelorette Parties
Let me show you how I made them
Southern Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
- 3 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter unsalted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Peach Cobbler Filling and Topping
- 3 15 oz cans of peaches in light syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 sticks softened butter unsalted
- 4 1/4 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Add the sour cream to the milk. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the salt and baking powder to the cake flour. Whisk or sift until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, mix butter until creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture.
- Alternating, mix in dry and wet ingredients. Don’t overmix the batter.
- Set batter aside and make peach cobbler filling.
- Add peaches, sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract to a pan. Turn heat to medium.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, until filling starts to bubble. Add cornstarch.
- Once the peach filling is thickened, remove approximately 1-1/2 cups from the pan and puree it in a food processor or blender.
- Add the pureed peach cobbler mixture to the cake batter. Mix until well combined.
- Fill cupcake cups with approximately ¼ cup of batter.
- Bake at 325 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes with a simple buttercream frosting.
- Top each frosted cupcake with a cooked peach slice and drizzle with peach cobbler sauce.