Delicious sausage & swiss chard squash boats made easily!
The holidays are here, and I have yet another amazing recipe to share with you! I’ll be showing you how to make these amazing sausage & swiss chard squash boats that can be served as a side dish, or appetizers !
These amazing squash boats are stuffed with yummy swiss chard, and flavorful sausage. They need very few ingredients, and are easy to make.
Save & share this PIN on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and follow me on Facebook!
Sausage & Swiss Chard Squash Boats
- 1 lb Italian Sausage mild or hot
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6-7 large swiss chard leaves chopped
- 6 long yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a fry pan, sauté the sausage meat along with the Italian seasoning and onion, until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add the chopped swiss chard. It may seem as though it won’t all fit in the pan, but it will begin to wilt as you fry it and will incorporate into the sausage mix.
- Once the swiss chard is cooked down, remove the pan from the heat, and set to the side.
- Cut the squash lengthwise into halves. With a spoon, scrape the center seeds and pulp from the squash. Discard, keeping just the squash boat portions.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lay out the squash boats.
- Generously spoon the sausage mixture into the center of the boats, along the whole length of the squash.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese over the tops of the sausage mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the squash are cooked to tender and the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve & enjoy!