A old time favorite made with a modern day twist. We’re making biscuits & gravy with sausage, and swiss chard. I think you’re going to fall in love with this one y’all!
Picture it – Sicily 😂 … No seriously.. Picture light fluffy golden biscuits, with homemade white gravy, and sausage & swiss chard on top. How amazing does that sound? Well luckily for you I have the recipe for it, and I will be sharing it with you within this post.
First let’s start off with the biscuits. Depending on your mood you can make my homemade southern buttermilk biscuits, or you can use canned biscuits. It truly depends on you!
Now let’s talk about this gravy! When I tell you that, this is a easy gravy recipe, I truly mean it. This easy gravy recipe is made of butter, milk, and flour. Of course we’re going to seasoning it with a little salt & pepper.
Simple stuff, but it’s taste so darn good!
Make sure that you PIN this recipe on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and be sure to follow me on Facebook! XOXO
Sausage & Swiss Chard Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage pork, or turkey
- 1/4 medium onion chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6-7 large swiss chard leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 can biscuits large 8 ct
- In a fry pan, brown the sausage meat along with the Italian seasoning and onion.
- Add the in chopped swiss chard, a little bit at a time.
- When it’s cooked through, set aside.
- Prepare the biscuits according to the package instructions.
- While the biscuits are baking, in a pot, melt the butter.
- Now add in the flour together to create a roux.
- Cook the roux for approximately 2 – 3 minutes.
- Slowly and while continuously whisking, add the heated milk.
- Continue whisking until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the sausage and swiss chard mixture.
- Now add the gravy.
- Garnish with parsley, and season further with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Serve & Enjoy!