Here is another hearty meal for you all to enjoy! I recently updated my Neck Bones and Gravy recipe, and I want to share it with you all. I find this recipe to not only be quicker, but a lot easier. It actually has a little more flavor as well( because everything taste better with bacon right?!). Be sure to watch the video below for instructions, and print out the recipe as well!
Neck Bones and Gravy
- Rinse the meat under cool water
- Season the meat with the seasoning salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Place the meat into a pot/pan, the pour in the chicken broth. Turn the heat to high
- Bring the the broth to a boil, then cover the pot/pan, and reduce the heat to medium.
- In a separate pan, pour in the olive oil, and place the strips of bacon into the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium high, and fry the bacon until it is crisp.
- WE ONLY WANT THE BACON FAT
- Remove the bacon from the pan, but leave the heat on.
- Sprinkle in the all purpose flour.
- Brown the flour, and be sure to stir.
- Remove the lid off of the "neck bone" pot, and add in the browned flour.
- Stir in the flour, cover, then let neckbones simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.