Here is a simple recipe for Pork Neck bones and Gravy. This meal is a soul food favorite! There are many ways to make neck bones. With this recipe, we will be baking them in the oven. We’re going to smother our meat with a delicious homemade pork and onion gravy. My suggestions for side dishes are my sweet cornbread ,and my delicious southern style collard greens. Also, I recommend having a lot of hot sauce on hand!
Neck Bones and Gravy
- 6 to 8 neck bones
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp dried or fresh onions
- garlic optional
- water enough to cover bottom of pan
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup flour divided
- Season neck bones with seasoning salt, black pepper, onions and garlic.
- Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and cook for 35 minutes at 375.
- Remove the neck bones and make the gravy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add approximatley 1/2 cup of flour to the oil. Stir until golden brown.
- Top the neck bones with the browned flour, gently stir throughout.
- Sprinkle approximately ¼ cup flour on top of the neck bones. Cover.
- Turn the oven down to 350 and place neck bones back in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
Leave a Comment