Restaurant quality Hot Wings for the fraction on the price!
A Finger-Licking Good Recipe for Hot Wings!
My husband is a huge football fan (I guess we all are in my household). I swear, every Sunday is a 24-hour football event. We have the NFL football ticket, so we watch all the games. It’s like a sports bar, minus the hundreds of people coming and going. To make my hubby even more comfortable, I like to prep a few appetizers for him to eat while he watches the game. I usually make him some type of wings. So far I have shared my lemon pepper wings and honey chipotle wings….heck I even have a recipe for sweet and sour wings…I think it’s about time that I share my recipe for hot wings!
These wings are super easy to make, and they require basic ingredients that you probably already have on hand. The wings take about 15-20 minutes to make in total, and they go great with ranch, bleu cheese and many other dipping sauces.
Homemade Hot Wings Recipe Card, Video Tutorial and Additional Chicken Wings Recipes!
Homemade Hot Wings
- 1 lb party wings chicken wings cut into sections
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp white ground pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 your favorite hot sauce
- *enough vegetable oil to fry with
- Wash the chicken thoroughly. Next, sprinkle the salt and black pepper onto the wings, and use your hand to make sure the chicken is well coated with the seasonings.
- In a medium sized bowl add the flour, garlic powder, white pepper, and onion powder, Mix the ingredients until they are well combined, then coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil to about 360 F, then fry the chicken until it turned golden brown, and is completely done.
- Once the chicken is done, place it on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the margarine or butter into a medium sauce pan, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Now pour in the hot sauce, and stir the two ingredients. Let the sauce cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl, then pour the wing sauce all over the chicken. Make sure the chicken is well coated, then remove the chicken from the bowl.
- Place the wings on a platter, and serve along with vegetable sticks, and your favorite dipping sauces
If you liked these Homemade Hot Wings, try these other chicken wings recipes!
Tag me and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks, including my just-released cookbook: Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie!
Leave a Comment