My husband is a huge football fan( I guess we all are in my household). I swear, every Sunday is a 24-hour football event. We have the NFL football ticket, so we watch all the games. It’s like a sports bar, minus the hundreds of people coming and going. To make my hubby even more comfortable, I like to prep a few appetizers for him to eat while he watches the game. I usually make him some type of wings. So far I have shared my lemon pepper wings, honey chipotle wings…. heck I even have a recipe for sweet and sour wings… I think it’s about time that I share my recipe for hot wings!
These wings are super easy to make, and they require basic ingredients, that you probably already have on hand. The wings take about 15-20 minutes to make in total, and they go great with ranch, bleu cheese, and many other dipping sauces.
Homemade Hot Wings Recipe
- 1 lb party wings chicken wings cut into sections
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp white ground pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 your favorite hot sauce
- *enough vegetable oil to fry with
- Wash the chicken thoroughly. Next, sprinkle the salt and black pepper onto the wings, and use your hand to make sure the chicken is well coated with the seasonings.
- In a medium sized bowl add the flour, garlic powder, white pepper, and onion powder, Mix the ingredients until they are well combined, then coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil to about 360 F, then fry the chicken until it turned golden brown, and is completely done.
- Once the chicken is done, place it on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the margarine or butter into a medium sauce pan, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Now pour in the hot sauce, and stir the two ingredients. Let the sauce cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl, then pour the wing sauce all over the chicken. Make sure the chicken is well coated, then remove the chicken from the bowl.
- Place the wings on a platter, and serve along with vegetable sticks, and your favorite dipping sauces