I know what you’re thinking… “Rosie, FRUGAL Rosie, buys lobster?!” Yes, but only when it’s on sale! My son and I are seafood junkies ( my poor husband is allergic to seafood), so whenever I see a good deal on lobster, I jump on it. My local grocery store actual sold each lobster tail for $4.98, so I bought a few, and decided to show you show to grill them!
Although this recipe is SUPER easy, I wanted to share it with you because there are plenty of you that may not know how to cook/grill lobster tails.
I think that lobster tails are perfect to serve for a dinner for two ( try making your own lobster instead of going out and spending $50). To make this the perfect date night meal, try serving the lobster with a nice green salad, a loaded baked potato, and sweet peach iced tea!
Grilled Lobster Tail
- Pre heat the grill to 350 F.
- Place a pan over medium heat, and add in the butter, garlic, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, and parsley flakes.
- Mix the butter sauce until everything is well combined, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Cut the top of the lobster tails with kitchen shears midway down the tail.
- Use your fingers to detach the meat from the inside of shell, then rest the meat on top of the lobster tail.
- Drizzle a couple teaspoons of the butter sauce on top of the lobster, then place the lobster tails on the grill, with the meat up.
- Close the grill for about 5 minutes.
- Brush more butter on the lobster, then flip the tails over.
- *I flipped the tails every 5 minutes, and grilled for a total of 15 minutes or so*
- Serve, with the remaining butter sauce, and desired sides.