I’m not a huge eggplant fan, but I do like it beer battered and fried. My honey introduced me to this treat. He was craving beer battered eggplant, and we couldn’t find it anywhere. I decided to be the Chef of the house that I am, and whip up something for him. I search many recipes online, and I pretty much took the basic ingredients, and made my own recipe for this dish. I keep it really simple, and easy so that I could show all of my I Heart Recipe family one of my new creations. They say that when you cook with alcohol it burns, and you can’t get drunk. Being the mommy that I am, I still don’t serve this to to my son, or any other children. Check out the recipe to the right , and the pictures below.
Fried Beer-Battered Eggplant
- 2 Eggplant
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper if none in seasoning salt
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 can of beer
- 1-½ cup vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix flour and bread crumbs.
- Add in seasoning salt and garlic powder (and black pepper, if needed), mix.
- Add egg and beer, mix until smooth.
- In skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- Slice eggplant.
- Dip eggplant in batter until well coated.
- Place coated eggplant in oil. Fry each side until golden brown.
- Place eggplant on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve warm!