Soul food style salmon croquettes made easy with canned salmon.
I keep getting a ton of request for canned salmon recipes. Trust me hunny, I have so many of them! To get started, I’m going to share my soul food style salmon croquettes!
Other than beans & rice, chicken, and greens – canned salmon was something that I was raised on. We made everything from salmon chowder, salmon burgers, salmon casseroles, and of course salmon croquettes ( aka salmon patties ) with out canned salmon. Salmon croquettes was always my favorite, because it could be served with almost anything.
Seriously in the morning, I serve these easy salmon croquettes with creamy buttery grits, and scrambled eggs. For lunch I may serve these salmon patties with a tossed salad. For dinner I like these easy salmon croquettes with greens, and of course some southern style sweet cornbread.
Again, I use canned salmon for this recipe, but if you want to use fresh salmon to make your salmon croquettes you certainly can.
Don’t forget to save and share this recipe on Pinterest!
Check out my video tutorial below for these easy salmon croquettes
Easy Salmon Croquettes
- 14.75 oz canned salmon drained
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- combined the canned salmon, diced onions, seasoning salt, black pepper, lemon juice, bread crumbs, and egg into a large mixing bowl.
- Fold the ingredients until everything is well incorporated.
- Form the salmon mixture into patties, then set to the side.
- Pour 1/2 cup of vegetable oil into a skillet, and place it over medium heat.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, add in a few patties and fry each side until it's nice and golden.
- Serve and enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!