An Apple Filling that you can use in several recipes!
Hey there! Recently I uploaded my recipe for Apple Cobbler. I mentioned that the apple filling could be frozen for later use. Therefore you can make the apple filling now, and use it next week, or during the holidays. I forgot to mention that you can also use the same apple filling as a apple topping for breakfast foods ( such as waffles, pancakes, etc), and desserts. This is pretty much an all purpose apple filling!
Since I uploaded the recipe for my apple cobbler, I’ve been getting a ton of questions about if it can be doubled, tripled, and etc. The answer is YES!!!!
Remember how much apple filling I made in the video? Believe it or not, most of it was frozen, and saved for later use. The amount made in the video was actually enough to make about 4 cobbler!
In this post I’m going to show you how to make enough apple filling/topping for SEVERAL Cobblers, and other desserts. Remember, it’s freezable!
The apple filling tutorial is shown in my apple cobbler video.
All Purpose Apple Filling
- Pour in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour into a dutch oven or large pot.
- Stir the ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the water, and stir.
- Place the dutch oven, or large pot over medium high heat.
- Stir continuously to prevent clumps.
- Once the mixture thickens, reduce the heat from medium high, to medium low.
- Pour the lemon juice on the apples, and toss.
- Carefully start adding the apple into the dutch oven or pot.
- Let cook, until the apple are tender.
- Let the mixture cool completely
- Store 4 cups of mixture into gallon freezer bags.
- Make sure that you label the bags with the dates, and etc.
- Place the bags into the freezer
- YOU CAN STORE THIS FILLING FOR UP TO 9 MONTHS.