When I was single, I still made sure to make my little holiday dinners. Of course I didn’t have the big glazed hams, or the huge turkeys, but honey I still ate a nice holiday feast. I would make myself a small serving of macaroni and cheese greens, yams, and a delicious Apple Stuffed Glazed Cornish Hens. Cornish Hens are rather easy to make, just think of them as small chickens. This recipe is hard to mess up. It requires very little ingredients, and they are simply delicious.
Please watch the video for instructions
Honey-Glazed Apple-Stuffed Cornish Hens
For the glaze:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add ½ cup of butter and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, or until the butter is melted.
- Add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and mix with a spoon
- Add in ¼ teaspoon ground clove or cinnamon. Mix.
- Set aside.
For the Cornish Hens:
- Empty the cavity of the cornish hens and rinse under cool water.
- Dice the apples.
- Stuff the cavity of the cornish hens with apples.
- Use butcher string to tie the legs together.
- Line a baking dish with foil (helps with the clean up process.
- Place the hens breast down and brush with a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush cornish hens with the glaze.
- Place back in oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes.