Hey y’all! I have been getting a ton of request for a soul food, southern style red beans and rice recipe. I have shared a couple bean recipes in the past with you all, and I cooked them with smoked pork. However, for this recipe I will be using smoked turkey, which is just as delicious.
Check out my video tutorial for this recipe
- 3 cups dry red beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 pound smoked turkey wing
- 1½ tsp cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 6 cups water
- Place everything in the slow cooker, then cover.
- Set on high, and let cook for 6 hours.
- Serve with hot rice.