How to make southern, soul food style oven baked barbecue turkey wings that are falling off the bone tender!
Ya’ll know how much I love southern, soul food style turkey wings. In the past I’ve share many turkey wings recipes such as southern smothered turkey wings, to even fried turkey wings. Well this time around I’m going to share my recipe for the best southern style oven baked barbecue turkey wings. Let me just give you a warning up front… These wings are freaking ADDICTIVE! Once you have them, you will make up an excuse for why you need to make them again!
Since I bake these soulful turkey wings low and slow, They always come out super tender, moist, and juicy. Don’t try to speed up the cooking process by baking the wings at a higher temperature…Stick to the recipe for best results!
Check out my video tutorial for these soul food style baked barbecue turkey wings!
- 2.5 lbs turkey wings, separated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp hickory liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp salt free seasoning, or 2 tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 - ½ cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven on 325 F.
- Drizzle the turkey wings with olive oil, and liquid smoke
- Next rub the wings all over, and season with all of the seasonings.
- Rub the seasons all over the wings, making sure that the turkey wings are well coated.
- Grab a 9 x 13 bake dish, and line the bottom with foil.
- Spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- Put the wings in the bake dish, then cover with foil.
- Bake the wings in the oven for 3 hours.
- Remove the wings from the oven, and uncover.
- Brush on the barbecue sauce ( be sure to get the front and bake of the wings.
- Turn the oven on broil.
- Broil the wings until the sauce is nice and sticky.
- Remove from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!