My baked macaroni and cheese recipe with the cream cheese sauce got quite the buzz on YouTube once it was uploaded. The only thing I regret was my delivery. I don’t feel like the video was beginner friendly. Here I am with the revised recipe, and bringing you more flavor than before.
I came up with this recipe years ago when I was cooking for my younger brother Dominick. Dominick is a macaroni and cheese nut. The man would eat macaroni and cheese every day if he could. When Dominick stayed with my I grew tired of the same old “mac and cheese” so I started experimenting with a lot of different recipes I came across. I saw a lot of cool recipes, but the cheese sauces were pretty darn basic. I wanted a creamy and flavorful sauce. I started playing around with several cheese, but one day I just got bold and threw in some cream cheese, and it was all over with! As soon as I had a forkful of my mac and cheese all types of fireworks went off in my mouth. It was perfect, and I made sure that I wrote the recipe down so that I could make it again.Honesty, this macaroni and cheese is what we call ” HELLA BOMB”… meaning, it surpasses delicious. It has the perfect combination of cheeses, and just the right about of salt and pepper. Anything more would just simply be over the top . Enjoy!
The Creamiest Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- To start, cook the elbow macaroni according to directions on the box. I always make sure to salt my pasta water with a little table salt (since so many of you have been asking!)
- In a bowl, add butter and cream cheese. Soften in the microwave for just a few seconds (about 10 secondand mix together with a hand mixer.
- While mixing, add in half and half (some people prefer regular milk, or heavy cream—it’s up to you!), salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Mix the sauce until it’s the creaminess you desire. I like my sauce not too thick, but not runny—the perfect creaminess!
- Now, add your cheese to the sauce. I used all white cheese (smoked gouda, harvarti, and sharp white cheddar), but you can use ANY cheese you prefer!
- Next, grease a baking dish with either butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour pasta into baking dish. If you don’t want your pasta to stick together and get clumpy, add a little bit of olive oil to the pasta (before adding the cheese sauce).
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and mix together until well-combined. At this time, you can add more seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.) if you think it needs more seasoning (depends on how you like it!).
- Top the macaroni and cheese with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is golden brown on top and around the edges.
- Serve & enjoy!