I said many times that I have a lot of recipe for macaroni and cheese. I wasn’t kidding you all by any means. I’m a pasta girl. Pasta is my food of choose. Macaroni and cheese happens to be one of my favorite foods, so why not have hundreds of different recipe to make it? I think that you will find this recipe extremely easy to follow and your family and friends will love it. If you are on a diet, this recipe is not for you. We are using a lot of butter and cheese, without substitutions. I included a few pictures to not only make your mouth water, but to give you and idea of what you will be enjoying after you cook this home style dish.
Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb of elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of Monterrey jack cheese
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 cup of plain bread crumbs
- Cook your elbow macaroni, and drain.
- In a sauce pan melt a stick of butter, and add your half and half, seasonings, and two cups of cheese. Cook on medium , and stir ingredients.
- Cook until everything is melted, then remove from the heat.
- Place your elbow macaroni in your chosen bake pan, and pour the cheese sauce over the pasta.
- Add in 2 cups of cheese, then stir in the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, pour in your plain bread crumbs, and 1/2 stick of butter. Stir until the bread crumbs are buttered throughout.
- Spoon out the bread crumbs over the top of your macaroni and cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes on 375.