A Classic Recipe for Old Fashioned Bread Pudding!
If I had a dollar for every time someone requests that I upload a bread pudding recipe, hunny I would be rich. I seriously have no excuse for why it has taken me this long to upload this Old Fashioned Bread Pudding recipe!
This recipe is beyond easy. You just need a few basic ingredients to make this yummy dessert, and it’s not time consuming whatsoever.
Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Start by dicing up the bread. Cut the crusts off the bread slices and dice into medium-sized cubes.
- In a bowl, lightly beat two eggs. Then add in granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and melted butter. These are all your wet ingredients.
- Add your bread cubes to the wet ingredients and mix until the bread almost looks like oatmeal. it should be fully saturated with the wet ingredients.
- (Optional) Mix raisins into the bread pudding mixture.
- Pour the bread pudding batter into a greased baking dish.
- Bake the bread pudding in the oven at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
- To make the glaze, simply mix together the sweetened condensed milk and a few splashes of vanilla extract.
- When the bread pudding is fully cooled down, drizzle the glaze over all over the bread pudding.
- Cut the bread pudding into squares, serve, and enjoy!
Watch the video tutorial
Let me know how you enjoyed this recipe. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, loaded with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.