Think of tender steak seasoned to perfection with grilled onions, sweet peppers, and three cheeses. Now imagine that combination pressed between two flour tortillas. It sounds good right? Great, because that’s what we’re making today! We’re making these amazing Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas! Why quesadillas? Because the ordinary sandwich just won’t do! ( Although, you can make it into a sandwich if you want to) If you’re not a fan of steak, you can use chicken.
Watch me make the Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas
These quesadillas are quite the crowd pleasers. They can be served as appetizers, or as a main entree! Here’s the recipe:
Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas
- 1 lb thinly sliced bottom steak
- 1 tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
- 1 large green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper or any other sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheeses
- 6 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Cut the steak into small sections, then season it with the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- In a large skillet, pour in the vegetable oil, then turn the heat to medium-high.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, add in the steak, onions, and peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add in the mushrooms.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your preference, then remove the ingredients from the skillet.
- Place three flour tortillas down, then top them with the steak, onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Add as much or as little of the cheeses on top of the peppers/steak , then place another tortilla on top.
- Place the quesadilla on grill or quesadilla maker, and grill until the flour tortilla is golden, and the cheese melts.
- Cut the quesadilla, and serve!