A Simple Recipe for Old Fashioned Apple Crisp!
Apple Crisp is definitely one of my favorite fall desserts. It’s easy, delicious, and it requires very little ingredients. Here is a simple, yet amazing, recipe for you to try out. Be sure to watch my video for instructions.
FYI: I did not mention the baking soda and baking powder in the video, BUT it was added along with the other ingredients for the topping!
Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Wash the apples, then peel and slice them
- Place the apple into a large mixing bowl, and sprinkle in 3/4 cup granulates sugar, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg. Stir the ingredients, and make sure the apples are well coated.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of water, then sprinkle in 2 tbsp of all purpose flour. Stir.
- Choose a baking dish, and spray it with nonstick spray, or butter the dish. Place the apple in the dish, then set it to side.
- In a medium sized bowl add 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/8 tsp baking powder, and 1/8 tsp baking soda. Mix together.
- Next, add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, and use a fork to mix, until everything is well combined as resembles crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the apples.
- Place the dish in the oven set on 350 F, for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with ice cream, or alone!
If you enjoyed this Old Fashioned Apple Crisp, check out these other fall treats!
Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.