Apple Crisp is definitely one of my favorite fall desserts. It’s easy, delicious, and it requires very little ingredients. Here is a simple, yet amazing recipe for you to try out. Be sure to watch my video for instructions.
FYI: I did not mention the baking soda and baking powder in the video, BUT it was added along with the other ingredients for the topping!
Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- 6 medium sized granny smith apples
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Wash the apples, then peel and slice them
- Place the apple into a large mixing bowl, and sprinkle in 3/4 cup granulates sugar, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg. Stir the ingredients, and make sure the apples are well coated.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of water, then sprinkle in 2 tbsp of all purpose flour. Stir.
- Choose a baking dish, and spray it with nonstick spray, or butter the dish. Place the apple in the dish, then set it to side.
- In a medium sized bowl add 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/8 tsp baking powder, and 1/8 tsp baking soda. Mix together.
- Next, add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, and use a fork to mix, until everything is well combined as resembles crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the apples.
- Place the dish in the oven set on 350 F, for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with ice cream, or alone!