During the busy week, many people usually opt for takeout. I get it! It’s quick, delicious, and it’s almost instant. HOWEVER, there are meals that you can cook for your family for a fraction of the cost that you would spend at a restaurant. ALSO, a lot of these meals can be made in under 30 minutes.
I made this delicious pot of fettuccine alfredo carbonara for my family. This whole pot was about 6 to 8 servings, and it cost me under $10 ( which is less than ONE meal at the Olive Garden or Red Lobster… although I love both places)
Here’s the breakdown
Fettucine ….. $1.50
Prego’s Savory Bacon Alfredo Sauce on sale for $2.99 ( you can use a different brand of course)
1 lb of onions……. $0.98
Vegetable oil………… ALREADY HAD IT AT HOME
So not only did I save a lot of money, by making this at home I seriously whipped a new family favorite meal in less than 20 minutes. Give this recipe a try and tell me what you think. XOXO
Fettuccine Alfredo Carbonara
- 16 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb bacon
- 15 oz jarred alfredo sauce
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Cook the bacon until it is nice and crisp. Crumble or chop the bacon then set it to the side
- Cook your pasta (be sure to follow the directions on the package).
- In sauce pan add in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, then turn the heat up to medium.
- Add in the onion, and cook for 1 minute then add in the peas, and garlic.
- Pour in the alfredo sauce, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, then place it back into a large pot. Pour in the sauce, and combine the ingredients.
- Place the pasta on a plate, and top it off with parmesan cheese and the reserved bacon.
- Enjoy along with salad, and bread sticks!