Easy Creamy Cheesy Mac and Cheese!
Hey friends! Remember about a year ago, when I said that I was done uploading macaroni and cheese recipes? Well- I LIED! I was looking over my recipes, and I couldn’t believe that I have yet to share my Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese recipe! Like seriously, how did I miss this one?! Anyways, if you are a macaroni and cheese lover, you are going to love this recipe. It’s super creamy, cheesy, and it takes very little time to make- which is PERFECT for those busy weeknights! Let me tell you how I make it!
This mac and cheese recipe is simple. You don’t have to worrying about using a ton of ingredients, being in the kitchen too long, are using a ton of pots & pans. Everything is kept to a minimum, and the finished result is nothing short of amazing! By the way- this recipe is freezable. So feel free to make some for now, and later!
Here’s my recipe
- 2 1/2 cups large elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 8 oz Velvetta Cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper if needed
- Pour the cups of water and half & half into a large sauce pan, and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the butter, and pasta.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until pasta “starts” to get tender.
- Add in the Velvetta cheese, and stir it in until it all of the cheese melts.
- Continue to cook until the cheese sauce thickens, and the pasta is cooked.
- Sprinkle in the cheddar cheese, and fold it in.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Taste, and add salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve, or freeze for a later date.