Delicious Penne with Creamy Homemade Vodka Sauce and Sun Dried Tomatoes!
Check out the video tutorial!
Penne with Homemade Vodka Sauce
Author: I Heart Recipes
- 2½ cups penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz of tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp butter( salted or unsalted)
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup plain vodka
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive into a large saucepan.
- Heat the oil over medium heat then, toss in the onions.
- Once the onions are nice and translucent, add in the minced garlic, and cook for 2 minutes
- Pour in the tomato sauce, and mix everything until well combined.
- Toss in the butter, and pour in the cream.
- Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt, then stir the sauce.
- Pour in the vodka, stir, the toss in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne until it's al dente, then drain.
- Toss the pasta into the vodka sauce, and stir until it's well incorporated.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes, still over medium heat.
- Serve topped with cheese and fresh parsley ( optional)