How to make homemade watermelon vodka slushies with fresh sweet watermelon, vodka, and a simple syrup!
During these hot summer days, you can always count on me to have some type of fruit slushie or freeze. Like seriously, I’m always whipping something up in my blender or food processor. I really can’t deal with this heat unless I have a ice cold beverage on hand. Usually I just have a nice icy slushy made of a combination of fruits, but sometimes I like to whip up a nice slushy with a splash of vodka.
Lately I’ve been making homemade watermelon vodka slushies, and yes- they taste as good as they sound. Super ice cold sweet watermelon combined with vodka, pureed, then frozen. It is truly delicious, and easy to make!
Not fancy on vodka? No problem. You can replace it with sparkling grape juice..
Not a fan of watermelon? Okay. Try using cantaloupe, honey dew, or your favorite berries
Homemade Watermelon Vodka Slushies
- 1 personal size watermelon seedless watermelon
- 1 cup good quality vodka
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Add the water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, then place the pan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, and let bubble for about 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Scoop out all of the pink flesh from the watermelon, and put it in a blender or food processor.
- Add in the simple syrup.
- Puree the mixture, then add in the vodka.
- Strain the liquid, then pour it into a large freezer bag.
- Freeze for about 2-3 hours.
- Cut one of the corners on the freezer, and squeeze the slush into the glasses.
- Serve and enjoy!