I love a good Prime Rib Roast. As many of my friends know, I like to keep it easy, so with this recipe you will find the ingredients to be extremely minimal. I don’t care much for beef when it has too many seasonings, but that’s just my personal preference. I only buy prime rib roast for special occasions because it is on the more expensive side. I also only make this roast medium rare. I don’t care for well done prime rib, and I find it to be on the tougher side. I will post more prime rib recipes in the future, so stay tuned!
A Classic Recipe for Prime Rib Roast!
Medium Rare Prime Rib Roast
- Melt 4 tablespoons of salted butter (or olive oil).
- Add kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, and minced garlic to butter.
- Stir ingredients together.
- You can leave butcher string on the roast or remove it.
- Rub butter mixture all over meat and fat.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon paprika on top of roast.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Roast uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 325 and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove butcher string, carve, and serve.