How to make moist banana pudding cupcakes from scratch!
A while ago, I shared a recipe for homemade banana pudding, and since then I’ve been receiving a lot of awesome emails from you sweeties. Since so many of you loved the banana pudding recipe, I thought I’d step my game up a bit and share my recipe for homemade banana pudding cupcakes!
These banana pudding cupcakes are the perfect treat for any occasion, and believe it or not – they are really easy to make.
Watch how I made these banana pudding cupcakes!
Let me know how you enjoyed this recipe. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out my brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, loaded with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Banana Pudding Cupcakes
- 3 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter unsalted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium sized banana pureed or mashed
- 6 oz box of Jello’s cook & serve Banana Cream Pudding follow instructions on the box
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- Nilla Wafers
- Combine the cake flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl, then sift, and set the bowl to the side.
- Mix the sour cream and milk together, until well combined, then it to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter, and use a hand held mixer to whip the butter up until it’s nice and fluffy.
- Pour the granulated sugar into the large mixing bowl, and mix the sugar with the butter until combined.
- Next, start adding in the eggs( but only one at a time), and mix in with the handheld mixer.
- Once all the eggs are in the bowl, add in the vanilla extract.
- Mix everything until it’s nice and cream, then alternate adding the flour mixture & milk mixture into the bowl.
- Once everything is in the bowl, and the batter is smooth, add in the mashed/pureed bananas.
- Fold or stir in the bananas until well incorporated.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each baking cup.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 15-20 minutes on 325 F.
- Let the cupcakes cook completely before any other steps.
- While the cupcakes are cooling prepare the pudding.
- Place the pudding into piping bags.
- Scoop out the centers of the cupcakes, but be sure to only go midway.
- Fill the center of the cupcakes with the pudding, and also add a bit of pudding on top of the cupcakes.
- Place Cool Whip on top of the pudding, then top the cupcakes off with vanilla wafers.
- Serve and Enjoy!