Easy ice cold sweet tea recipe!
Nothing is more refreshing than a nice cold glass of sweet tea, especially during the summer. I don’t know about you, but when it reaches over 70 degrees, I NEED a nice cold beverage on hand at all times. I’ve been drinking my mango pineapple lemonade, and my watermelon iced tea a lot this summer; however, I love regular sweet tea as well. It’s simple, delicious and always satisfies my thirst.
My recipe for sweet tea is simple. I use regular black tea bags. You can use your favorite brand (as of right now, I am not married to a brand). I make a simple syrup, and I add a dash of lemon juice.
Check out the full recipe down below! Let me know how you enjoyed it. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out my brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, loaded with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
- Bring 7 cups of water to a boil.
- Pour 6 cups of the water into a large pitcher, then add in the tea bags.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to the 1 cup of boiling water, and mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Let the boil 2 minutes, then remove from heat, and let cool.
- Once the tea is cool, remove the bags, and add in the syrup.
- Next, add in the lemon juice, and stir.
- Pour over ice, and serve.