I love Halloween, but I have never have been one of those people that have spent crazy amounts of money on Halloween treats. I’m pretty much a “Cheapo”. I’m the person that will just have a simple sandwich and chip bar, and ONE scary treat. Call me what you want, but I only splurge my money during Halloween on my son’s, Giovanni, custom. Giovanni will be the AMAZING SPIDERMAN this year, and trust me- I DO mean this YEAR.
My son has a seriously puts his custom to use, and wears the heck out of it, so we try to buy something that will last him, and of course we buy it a tad bit big, since kids grow so darn fast.
This year, and last year I will be making a gelatin mold for Halloween. It’s something my family definitely won’t let go to waste, and it was dirt cheap to make. I got this recipe from JELLO’s website, however I used a generic gelatin, and I chose my own flavor. I like to use cherry gelatin, because the end results kind of remind me of a cherry cheesecake. You can be creative and use whatever flavor you want. I added gummy worms for decoration, but it’s completely optional.
Gelatin Bloody Brain
- 1 large package cherry gelatin
- Hot water
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 package gummy worms
- 1 brain mold
- Mix gelatin and hot water according to the package directions.
- Add cream cheese. Mix very well. Expect some small lumps to remain.
- Spray the mold with a nonstick spray. Pour gelatin mixture into the mold.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Invert the mold onto a serving tray. Gently remove solidified gelatin from the mold.
- Cutting a few slits into the brain, slide the gummy worms in. You can also place a few gummy worms on the tray.