Hi friends! Every holiday I have a thousand things to do in the kitchen. Anytime that I find something that will help make a recipe easier, I jump on it. I had been checking out “Cut N Clean” Greens for quite some time now, and I just had to share these amazingly fresh, and holiday friendly greens with you.
Cut N Greens are triple washed, and precut, therefore you can immediately use these greens without having to worry about preparation. They have a large variety of greens available, so you have plenty to choose from. I choose the Country Greens which is a delicious blend of Collards, Mustard, and Turnip greens. They also have beet greens, kale, spinach, and etc. Be sure to pick up a few bags from you local grocery store!
Quick & Easy Country Greens
This simple recipe is a shortcut for delicious country greens. Perfect for a family dinner side dish!
- 3 bags of Cut N Clean Greens (Country Greens)
- 3 smoked turkey legs
- 1/4 white onion (chopped)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp jalapeno peppers (chopped (optional))
Place the turkey legs and water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Bring the heat down to medium.
- Remove the smoked turkey from the water. Keep the water/broth.
- Remove the meat of the turkey from the bone, and cut the turkey in small pieces
Place the meat back into the pot. Add the onions and jalapenos then stir.
Open the bags of Cut N Clean Greens and add them to your pot. Stir.
- Cook on medium for about 35 minutes, or until the greens are nice and tender.