Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
This cabbage soup recipe is a quick way to lose a few pounds and kick start a diet. Try this 7-day cabbage soup diet plan for a detox week!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb fresh cabbage chopped
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 5 1/2 - 6 cups vegetable broth I prefer low sodium
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil into a large pot or pan, then place the pan over medium heat.
Toss in the onions, celery, and bell pepper.
Cook until translucent.
Next, stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
Now pour in the vegetable broth.
Add in the cabbage, and carrots then stir.
Once all of the cabbage is in the pot, add in the diced tomatoes (with the juice).
Sprinkle in all the seasonings, then stir the ingredients.
Cover the pan with a lid, and cook for about 15 - 20( depending on how tender you like your cabbage).
Serve and enjoy!