Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
Here's a quick easy recipe for cabbage soup! It's filling and will help you lose weight. Have a bowl instead of a meal and it'll carry you to lose weight but it's hearty enough for you to stay satisfied.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb fresh cabbage chopped
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 5 1/2 - 6 cups vegetable broth I prefer low sodium
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil into a large pot or pan, then place the pan over medium heat.
Toss in the onions, celery, and bell pepper.
Cook until translucent.
Next, stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
Now pour in the vegetable broth.
Add in the cabbage, and carrots then stir.
Once all of the cabbage is in the pot, add in the diced tomatoes (with the juice).
Sprinkle in all the seasonings, then stir the ingredients.
Cover the pan with a lid, and cook for about 15 - 20( depending on how tender you like your cabbage).
Serve and enjoy!