Homemade Cheeseburger Mac
This homemade cheeseburger mac and cheese casserole is a combination of two great comfort foods. Cheesy pasta and juicy hamburger, tomatoes, and onions. A delicious weeknight dinner!
- 3 cups macaroni pasta I used a combination of elbows and shells
- 2 cups of my homemade meat sauce
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 cups of my homemade chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup dice onions
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
Pour the meat sauce into a large saucepan, then add in the yellow mustard. Mix until well combined.
Add in the pasta, then pour in the chicken broth.
Mix the ingredients, then turn the heat to medium.
Stir the pasta occasionally, and let cook until the pasta firms, and the liquid is pretty much absorbed.
Sprinkle in the cheese, and fold it in.
Sprinkle the onions and tomatoes on top, then serve.