Best Chili Cheese Frito Pie
This Best Chili Cheese Frito Pie is layered with flavor! It's quick and filling, a great weeknight meal your family will love.
Servings 6 people
- 1 large bag of Frito Lay Chips I used the scoops
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium sized onion minced finely
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp seasoning salt or salt free seasoning I used salt free seasoning in the video.
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- green onions & diced tomatoes for garnishing optional
Season 70/30 ground beef with seasoning salt, garlic, black pepper, cumin and chili powder. Brown.
Add in crushed tomatoes, onions, cilantro, tomato sauce and water.
Let everything simmer for about 20 minutes.
Building the Pie
Place the Frito Lay Chips at the bottom of a casserole dish.
Pour the homemade chili over the chips.
Top the chili with cheese. (I like to use a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheese but mainly cheddar.)
To add more color and flavor, add diced tomatoes and green onions on top of the cheese (optional).