Soul Food Peach Cobbler Recipe
Soul Food Style Peach Cobbler made with canned peaches, and store bought pie crust.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 6 people
- Two 14.5 oz of canned sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter salted
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 box of store bought crust
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
Add the flour and water in a cup and mix. Then set to the side.
Add the peaches, butter, sugar,vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a medium sized pot.
Place the pot over medium high heat.
Stir the ingredients, let the butter melt completely.
Next, pour in the water and flour mixture.
Stir, and let cook for 5 more minutes.
Roll out one of the pie crusts, and cut into squares.
Put the squares into a 8x11 bake dish, then pour in the cobbler filling.
Top the cobbler with the remaining crust.
Brush the leftover cobbler filing (left in the pot) on top of the cobbler.
Bake the cobbler on 350 F for 35-40 minutes.
Let cool down.
Serve and enjoy!