Tex Mex Ground Beef Skillet
This tex-mex ground beef skillet is a perfect easy weeknight dinner. Use your favorite veggies, like black beans, Rotel tomatoes, corn, and rice for a hearty and flavorful dinner.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup brown or white rice I used rice that was made the day before, and refrigerated
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 15 oz can of Rotel drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion plus 2 tbsp to top off with
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Homemade Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain out all of the fat
Sprinkle in all of the seasonings, and stir.
Add in the corn, rotel, and green onion, then mix the ingredients.
Cook for five minutes then add in the rice, and fold in all of the ingredients.
Next, add in the beans, and stir the ingredients until well combined.
Cook for 5 minutes or so, then turn off the heat, and top with cheese and green onions.
Serve and enjoy! XOXO