Bacon, Rainbow Chard and Artichoke Dip
Wow your guests with this Bacon, Rainbow Chard and Artichoke dip at your next gathering. It's a kaleidoscope of colors and flavors! Serve with chips, toasted bread, or veggies.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup rainbow chard chopped & stems removed
- 6-8 strips bacon
- 2 tbsp reserved bacon fat
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced
- 1/3 cup chopped artichokes I used frozen
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz sour cream
- 6 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded smoked gouda
- 2/3 cup shredded Italian style fontal cheese
- 1 tsp minced or dehydrated basil leaves
- salt & pepper for taste
- parsley flakes optional
Cook the bacon, then crumble or chop it.
Reserve 2 tbsp of bacon fat, then pour it into a pan.
Toss in the rainbow chard, and cook for about 5 minutes, then add in the artichokes, and red bell pepper.
Stir the ingredients then toss in the minced garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
Sprinkle in the all purpose flour, and stir.
Pour in the heavy cream, then add in the sour cream, and mascarpone.
Stir the ingredients then add in the bacon, and the green onion.
Sprinkle in 3/4 the cheeses, then fold the ingredients.
Sprinkle in the basil, and salt & pepper, then stir.
Put the mixture in a bake dish(s).
Top with the remaining cheese, and parsley ( optional)
Put in the oven, set on broil until the top starts to brown, and bubbles.
Let the dip cool for 5-10 minutes before digging it.
Serve with chips, veggie sticks, or toasted bread.