Semi-Homemade Coconut Cake
This Semi-Homemade Coconut Cake is fluffy with creamy frosting and topped with sweet coconut. It's quick and is a delicious show-stopper!
- 15.25 oz box of white cake mix and ingredients on the back of box( Replace water with coconut milk)
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Coconut Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp coconut extract
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Pour the cake mix into a large mixing bowl, then sift or whisk to get rid of the lumps.
Add in the eggs, coconut milk, and vegetable oil.
Mix until well combined, then add in the coconut extract, and mix.
Spray the cake pans ( two 8 or 9 inch pan) with baking spray, then pour in the cake batter.
Bake each cake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
Let the cakes cool completely.
Combine all the ingredients for the buttercream in one bowl, and mix until creamy.
Once the cakes are cool, frost them, then add the shredded coconut on the top and sides.
Let the cake sit for at least 30 minutes.
Serve ad enjoy!