This easy vegetable lasagna is made with a store bought white sauce, spinach, mushrooms, and lot’s of cheese.
When you think of vegetarian lasagna, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind? I’ll tell you what I think of – deliciousness, PURE deliciousness!
Hearty, Fresh Vegetables in my Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
When I make vegetarian lasagna I load it with lots of spinach, mushroom, cheese, and alfredo sauce. Want to know a secret? I don’t make the alfredo sauce from scratch. I use the store bought stuff, preferably one with lots of garlic flavor!! OMG- that’s my favorite.
This easy vegetable lasagna recipe is extremely simple to assemble, unlike a lot of other lasagna recipes. There aren’t a ton of ingredients that you’ll be dealing with, which makes this vegetable lasagna a breeze.
As mentioned earlier, I use mushrooms in this vegetarian lasagna. In my opinion, the mushrooms are amazing. However, I’m aware that there are some people that don’t like mushrooms. If you’re one of those people feel free to leave the mushrooms out, and add more spinach, or add eggplant. Vegetable lasagna with eggplant is wonderful – so it will definitely work!
Again, this recipe is so easy, you won’t need a video tutorial.
Be sure to save this recipe on Pinterest for later.
Print the recipe below, and be sure to follow me on Facebook!
Vegetable Lasagna with White Sauce
- 9 no bake lasagna noodles
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 10 oz package of frozen spinach thawed
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 24 oz of Alfredo Sauce
- 16 oz package of portabella mushrooms sliced
- Small yellow onion diced
- ¼ cup butter unsalted
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, melt down the butter. Next add in the onions & mushrooms, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Now pour in the alfredo sauce sauce.
- Sprinkle in the oregano, and the basil into the skillet, and cook for a few more minutes.
- In a 9X13 pan, spread 1 cup of the sauce onto the bottom.
- Top the sauce with 3 noodles.
- Now add 1/2 of the spinach, and spread ½ of the ricotta cheese onto the first layer of noodles, followed by 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Add 3 more noodles and repeat with the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Top with the remaining 3 noodles, the remainder of the mushroom sauce and the remainder of the mozzarella/parmesan cheese.
- Top with the remaining 3 noodles, then add the sauce and the last bit of cheese.
- Bake in the oven , uncovered for 40-45 minutes.
- Switch to broil, and let cook for another 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve & enjoy!