Easy banana pudding made with instant banana pudding, sour cream, whipped topping, and lots of vanilla wafers. It tastes just like homemade, but a lot easier to make!
Homemade banana pudding. I just love the stuff! Especially southern banana pudding, because that’s the kind of banana pudding that I grew up on. My family never ever used pudding mix to make banana pudding. It was always homemade, and made from scratch. Lately, I’ve been breaking the family tradition. I’ve actually been cheating a bit, and I’ve been dabbing with instant pudding. However, I’ve been mixing it with a couple of other ingredients to make it taste homemade.
Let me just say, that no one has been complaining! Not even the picky folks. Believe it or not, everyone loves this vanilla wafer banana pudding! They like this banana pudding recipe so much, that they have already been calling and requesting that I make for the holidays!
So what’s my secret? Well it’s simple. I use Cool Whip, sour cream, and I mix it with the boxed instant pudding mix – along with some milk of course! It’s really easy stuff. Oh- and I add plenty of vanilla wafers.. That’s why I call it vanilla wafer banana pudding! Because it’s packed with them!
This easy banana recipe is super quick and easy to make. So you don’t have to worry about being in the kitchen all day with this one.
Save & share this PIN on Pinterest
Be sure to print the recipe below, and follow me on Facebook!
Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding
- 3.4 oz Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large bananas sliced
- 16 oz whipped topping Cool Whip or Generic
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 11 oz vanilla wafers
- In large bowl combine the whipped topping, pudding mix, sour cream, and milk.
- Mix everything until it’s well incorporated.
- Line cookies at the bottom of your bowl or container, then a layer of pudding mixture.
- Next add some of the bananas, then the cookies.
- Repeat until everything is in the bowl.
- Cover & refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.
- Serve & enjoy!
Try these recipes as well!