It’s been a while since I’ve shared a rib recipe. I thought It would be appropriate to share this quick and easy spare rib recipes with my delicious homemade barbecue sauce. I think my BBQ sauce is long over do. In my previous rib videos I’ve used store bought sauces. A lot of you may not realize how easy it is to make your own sauce, but in this video I will show you. I used only 5 ingredients to make my barbecue sauce, and it taste about 2 minutes to make. This means, you can make your own barbecue sauce, even on your busiest days .
Watch the video below
Spare Ribs with Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- 2 lb spare ribs
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning/rub
- Red pepper optional, for a spicier sauce
- Rinse the spare ribs under cool water.
- Remove the membrane.
- Season the meat with ¼ tsp seasoning salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper. Massage seasoning in
- Line pan with foil.
- Lay ribs in the pan, top with foil.
- Place in the oven at 375 for 45-60 minutes.
For barbecue sauce:
- Pour 1 cup of ketchup in a bowl.
- Pour in ½ cup molasses.
- Mix together
- Add 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, mix.
- Add in ½ tsp garlic salt and 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning/rub, (red pepper optional for spicier sauce).
Finishing the ribs:
- Remove the ribs from oven and brush on one cup of homemade barbecue sauce.
- Place back into the oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with remaining homemade barbecue sauce!