This southern pecan pie recipe is made with Karo syrup, toasted pecans, and a store bought crust. You’re gonna love this old fashioned pecan pie!
I love a good old fashioned pecan pie during the holidays. Especially if it’s a southern pecan pie recipe! In this post i’m going to share my southern style pecan pie recipe with you all, step-by-step!
I hate to brag, but I do believe that this is the best pecan pie recipe in the world. Seriously, I do! Every time that I use this recipe my pecan pie comes out amazing!
I do like to use a shortcut for this recipe. Instead of making a homemade pie crust for this pecan pie, I prefer to use a store bought crust – just to make everything easier, and to save time. If you want to make a homemade crust for your pecan pie, you can use my homemade crust recipe here.
What makes this pecan pie so good? The ingredients! I’m not stingy with the ingredients. I add lots of pecans, a nice amount of eggs ( because we don’t do the runny custard around here boo boo!), and I use bourbon vanilla extract. I usually buy my bourbon vanilla from Trader Joes. However, I’ve seen it at QFC ( which is a Kroger store) as well. If you can’t find bourbon vanilla, feel free to use regular vanilla.
I also add a dash of ground nutmeg into pie filling! It just balances everything out, and adds a lil more flavor.
Now who’s ready for some of the best darn southern pecan pie ever?
Check out my video tutorial below, and print the recipe!
Southern Pecan Pie
- 1 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla OR regular vanilla extract
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl add in the eggs, and mix until everything is one color.
- Next add in the sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and nutmeg.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Grab the pie shell, and sprinkle in the chopped pecans.
- Next pour the eggs mixture over the pecans.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet, then put in the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely before serving.
- Serve, and enjoy!