Moist southern lemon pound cake, made easy. This old fashioned lemon pound cake is super moist – You’re going to love it!
I love a good old fashioned pound cake. Especially when it’s a southern lemon pound cake made from scratch. Don’t get me wrong, I love my semi homemade lemon pound cake loaf recipe( which was a lemon pound cake made with cake mix), that I uploaded a few months back. But from scratch pound cake recipes are my favorite! In this post I’m going to share one of my all time favorite easy lemon pound cake recipes. This real southern lemon pound cake is made with fresh lemons, real butter, buttermilk, and sour cream.
Give this moist southern lemon pound cake recipe a try, and tell me what you think!
Save & share this PIN on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my mailing list! XOXO
Southern Lemon Pound Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 2 large lemons
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Generously grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- Cream together the softened butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until completely done.
- While the lemon pound cake is baking, combine the ingredients for the glaze.
- Once the cake is done baking, move from oven and let cool a few minutes.
- Gently turn the bundt pan upside down to carefully remove the cake from the pan. Set aside.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake while it's still warm.
- Let sit until cool.
- Serve & enjoy!