Buttermilk biscuits recipe with amazing results! These biscuits always come out fluffy & moist!
A Simple Recipe for Southern Buttermilk Biscuits!
Light, fluffy, buttermilk biscuits. Who can resist them? Not me! I just happen to have the very best recipe for homemade biscuits, and of course I’m going to be sharing it with you. This easy biscuit recipe would be perfect for breakfast or dinner (especially served with my Traditional Southern Fried Chicken!).
If you follow the recipe & directions below, you will have some of the best biscuits EVER!
Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cream of tartar together into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter and shortening, then use a fork or pastry cutter to combine the ingredients.
- Once the ingredients are combined, create a well in the center of the bowl, then pour in the buttermilk.
- Use a fork to mix the ingredients.
- Mix until the dough is nice and sticky.
- Flour a flat surface, then place the sticky dough on top of the floured surface.
- Flatten the dough until it is about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Use a round cookie cutter, biscuit cutter, or cup to cut out the biscuits.
- Place a baking mat on top of a cookie sheet, then spray with a baking spray ( if you do not have a baking mat use foil).
- Place the biscuits on the baking mat, then in the middle of each biscuit, make an indent using your finger ( this helps the biscuits rise tall while baking, and keeps them from tipping over).
- Brush the biscuits with melted butter, the place the biscuits in a preheated oven set at 450 F.
- Bake the biscuits for 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven, and brush the remaining butter onto the biscuits.