Fork Tender Barbecue Beef Back Ribs Made in the Crock Pot
I know it’s January, and most people are craving chicken and dumpling, or making pot pies, but lately my family and I have been on a barbecue kick. I don’t know what it is about us and ribs, but we can go for it ribs, and at any time. The only issue is, I live in the NW and it’s too cold and wet for me to be outside grilling ribs. So I what did I do? I did the unthinkable – and made slow cooked barbecue beef back ribs in my Crock Pot!
I know what you’re thinking… ” Barbecue ribs, in the slow cooker?! Rosie you’re officially trippin’!” . But I assure you that these ribs are the BOMB.COM. Besides, this would be the first time I made ribs in my Crock Pot. Check out my Pork Spare Ribs if you haven’t already ….
I kid you not- These are the best beef back ribs you will ever make!! Not only are these ribs fool proof, but they come out perfect every single time. If you live in an apartment, and are unable to fire up a grill, this recipe is a winner.. Heck, even if you’re able to fire up a grill- give this recipe a try. It’s less work, and you still get the same , if not better, taste that you’d get from the grill. Don’t believe me? Try it out yourself. You can thank me later!
NEED A VISUAL?! WATCH ME MAKE IT!
Slow Cooked Beef Back Ribs Recipe
- 2-3 lbs of beef back ribs
- 18 oz bottle of barbecue sauce
- 27 - 36 oz of water
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 tsp seasoning salt OR salt free seasoning
- a few drops of Liquid smoke optional
- Cut the ribs into sections, then rinse the meat under cool water.
- Pat dry the meat, then sprinkle the seasonings onto the meat.
- Place the ribs into the Crock Pot, then pour in the barbecue sauce, and water.
- Add a few drops of liquid smoke, then cover the Crock Pot, and set it on high for 8 hours.
- After the 8 hours, the ribs are done.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the Crock Pot, and serve!
Leave a Reply to Rosie Cancel reply