Baked Ziti loaded with crab, shrimp, and lobster. Smothered in a creamy white cheesy sauce!
So a few months ago I shared my recipe for Lobster Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon Bread Crumbs. So many of you loved the recipe, but a lot of you requested that I make a pasta dish with crab, lobster, AND shrimp! Well say no more- Rosie has you covered!
- In this post I’m going to show you how I make my easy baked seafood ziti. I start off with a homemade creamy white cheese sauce made from evaporated milk, mascarpone cheese, fontal cheese, and Sicilian jack cheese. The cheese that I use are a little hard to find, so when I can’t find them, I use 2 of these cheeses:
- colby jack
- mozzarella cheese
- pepper jack
As far as seafood, I use crab, lobster meat, and shrimp. The crab that I used was the canned lump crab meat. The lobster that I used was cooked lobster meat that was found in the frozen department. I use uncooked shrimp that I buy from the seafood department, and I make sure to peel & devein it.
Check out my tutorial for my Seafood Baked Ziti
Seafood Baked Ziti
- 16 oz of dry ziti
- 5 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 14 oz evaporated milk or half & half
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Sicilian jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian style fontal cheese
- 1/2 lb uncooked jumbo shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1/2 lb lobster meat
- 1/2 lb crab meat
- Salt & Pepper for taste
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- Place 5 tbsp of butter in a medium sized saucepan, and melt over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in the flour, and whisk until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the evaporate milk, while whisking.
- Next add in the mascarpone cheese, and whisk until melted.
- Add in 1 1/2 cup fontal cheese, and 1 1/2 cup Sicilian jack cheese.
- Whisk until everything is melted, and well combined, then reduce the heat to low medium.
- Meanwhile the ziti should be boiling in lightly salted water. Cook until done, but still firm.
- Drain pasta, then place into a 9x13 bake dish.
- Add in the seafood, then fold.
- Pour in the sauce, and fold.
- Top off the ziti with the remaining 1/2 cup fontal cheese, and parsley flakes( optional).
- Cover the ziti with foil.
- Bake on 350 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!